Recent leaks about the Samsung Galaxy Fit 3 have sparked interest as they suggest the device could be a strong rival to the Fitbit Charge 6. Here’s a summary of the information gathered from various sources:
- Design and Display Improvements: According to TechnoRapper, the leaked images indicate that the Galaxy Fit 3 will have a significantly larger screen compared to its predecessor, the Galaxy Fit 2. This larger display protrudes from the strap and is described as a “stockier version of the Fitbit Charge 6.” The screen will likely display a range of information including a digital clock, date, battery life, heart rate, and pedometer. A single button on the side is thought to be for returning to the home screen【21†source】.
- Health and Fitness Features: The back of the Galaxy Fit 3 appears to have a three-sensor array, possibly for measuring heart rate or skin temperature, mirroring features seen in other Samsung devices like the Galaxy Watch 6. However, specific details about the internal features, such as whether it has an AMOLED screen or accelerometer like the Galaxy Fit 2, remain speculative【22†source】.
- Generative AI Capabilities: A unique angle for the Galaxy Fit 3 could be the integration of generative AI, as seen in other recent wearables. This could potentially include a fitness AI, which would provide workout advice and other related information. The larger screen might be designed to facilitate easier reading of such AI-generated content【23†source】.
- Screen Size and Essential Features: PhoneArena highlights the improved screen size over the 1.1-inch AMOLED panel of the Galaxy Fit 2. However, they also note that it’s unclear whether Samsung will include features like standalone GPS connectivity and advanced health sensors, which are becoming standard in modern fitness trackers. These features are crucial for the Galaxy Fit 3 to compete effectively with devices like the Fitbit Charge 6【29†source】【30†source】.
- Release and Pricing: While there’s speculation about the Galaxy Fit 3’s release date, aligning it potentially with the Galaxy S24 handset family early next year, details about its pricing remain unknown. Affordability was a key selling point for the Galaxy Fit 2, so it will be interesting to see how Samsung positions the Galaxy Fit 3 in the market【31†source】.
In summary, the Samsung Galaxy Fit 3, based on leaks, seems poised to offer significant improvements in display and potentially in health and fitness features. Its speculated generative AI capabilities could set it apart in the market. However, details about its exact feature set, pricing, and release date are still largely unknown, leaving room for anticipation and speculation among tech enthusiasts and potential users.